Friday, February 6, 2009

4-CPU Laptop and 32-Gig thumb Drive: Cheap!!

Greetings:

Some time ago I blogged about a Toshiba and a Dell laptop with 4 CPUs for about $5,000.  Now Fry's (mostly in CA and TX) has an HP, Intel Q9000 Core-2-Quad laptop for only $1699.  It includes:

18.4" Screen, 1920x1080p HD Quality 
NVidia GeForce 9600M with 512MB of Video RAM
4 GB of RAM
500 GB internal HD
Light Scribe Blue-Ray ROM and DVD Reader/Writer
Altec Lansing Dolby Home Theatre speakers w/Sub Woofer
HP Webcam and Microphone built in
Intel WiFi link and Bluetooth
Part Number Xq8-1180us #5807463

Almost makes me what to change sides in the Mac vs Windows war.

Since my Macbook Pro has only 150 GB HD and it's about 90% full I need to carry around an external HD now to off-load my picture from iPhoto.  Solution:  Patriot 32GB thumb drive for only $44.99 after the mail-in rebate that you never get for some obscure reason.  But, even so, it's EVER so much easier than carting around the external HD that you cannot hook up on an airplane without a lot of hassle. 

I might even have enough room for my iTunes music on the thumb drive as well.  Ain't technology just grand?  :-)  I can't wait for my Palm Pilot Treo to die so I can get an iPhone.  But, just throwing it away when it is still working would be against my religion.

SDG
jco


No comments: