Thursday, September 17, 2009

Day One - FICO Decision Management Tools User Group

Greetings:

First day started at 13:00 but I couldn't get through traffic and arrived at 15:00. I went to the Decision Support clinic headed by Don Grice and Maarten Van Lier that started at 13:00 or so and I was so far behind that I'll have to catch up later.

The hotel is nice but the 17:30 cheese-and-wine was awesome. Lots of brisket, pasta bar, chips-and-dips, beer/wine/etc. bars made it nice. But with my bad back I could only stand up for so long. Lots of old friends there: Tom Travis, Vlad Silverman, Carole Ann Berlioz-Matignon, Carlos Seranno-Morales (Europeans are really big on double last names). Willie Hall and Mark Eastwood are supposed to arrive tomorrow.

The conference itself seems focused on business users rather than geeks. (So what am I doing here?) Several good talks lined up for today including some on Blaze Advisor and business optimization tools. My talk will be on optimizing Blaze Advisor at 16:00 today and then FICO has a river-boat tour and supper planned. I'm not sure if the PPTs or talks will be available to the general public but if they are I'll let you know. Maarten's talk last night was pretty good so I hope that they do release them to the great, unwashed masses. :-)

SDG
jco

No comments: